Focus on student learning than teachers’ teaching
Student centric education adopts the method of teaching that focus on student learning rather than teacher teaching. This method of teaching is derived from the understanding of how learning happens in children and in human beings. The following pointers to be understood carefully to facilitate learning.
- Learning is natural ability of human beings.
- Children possess the ability to learn by birth. This has to be nurtured as they grow.
- Learning ability improves when a child can think freely, imagine freely.
- Children teach themselves many things without teacher.
- Children learn through experiences by doing mistakes without the knowledge that they are learning.
“Students learn what they want to learn and not what we want them to learn. Learning progresses from what they know to what they do not know therefore they should be aware what they know clearly.”