VMF aims to realize this vision by working with the four major stakeholders, viz.
- Students studying in government schools
- Teachers employed in government schools
- Society comprising of parents of the students, the village communities, and other well wishers
- Government represented by Department of Education and any other relevant agencies
- To provide quality education to the rural children
- To inculcate moral values and patriotism in them
- To provide them with academic support
- To strengthen their cultural ethos
- To promote education of girls, who are treated unequally by their parents and society
- To strive to instill the ideals and teaching of Swami Vivekananda and Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam among the students
- To take up activities aimed at expanding their horizon
- To awaken and orient them towards their responsibility for their students and society
- To supplement and encourage their efforts in teaching
- To take measures to recognize excellence and dedication among teachers
- To take up measures for strengthening community ownership of their local government schools
- To involve and provide opportunities for those who wish to strengthen government schools and the students studying in them
- To take up measures for bridging the gap in education and promote understanding between rural and urban school students.
- To work closely with department of education & other agencies so as to
- Enable them to implement their activities related to the vision of VMF
- Help improve the quality of their programs and
- To scale up the efforts of VMF.